- Affiliated to the Labour Party since starting work and became a full member in 2015.
- Worked as an advocate for workers, young people and health staff throughout my career of over 40 years via my involvement with the Confederation of Health Service Employees Union and the Royal College of Nursing and in my various roles in health, with the Youth Offending Team and as a Specialist
- Inspector with the Health and Safety Executive.
- Attended and represented members at national conferences.
- Involvement in local campaigns and events.
- Attending Cardiff Labour Party meetings
- Campaigning for the National Assembly Elections and the Referendum
- Attending and being involved in local events to identify local issues and ways of resolving them
- Participating in local events and campaigning
Why you would like to become the Councillor for Cathays
I would like to become a Councillor for Cathays because having moved back to the City Centre, just under 4 years ago, having retired from the Health and Safety Executive, I feel, we live in a wonderful city and I would like to be a part of the Labour team that maintains and improves the standard of services we require to keep this City the best. I would feel it an honour to represent Cathays dealing with the constituents identified issues and helping to find solutions.
I feel that now I have retired I have the political principles, life experience, the time, energy and enthusiasm to represent the people of Cathays as a member of the Cathays team
- Experience of managing national projects, conferences and campaigns, chairing and office holding in committees, strategic planning and commissioning, inter-agency working, voluntary and community work.
- Able to Communicate at all levels, work within a team, listen, debate, agree solutions and evaluate success. and, I think, successfully brought up 3 children and have the pleasure of singing with Cardiff Blues Choir (Cor y Gleision).
4 Windsor House
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: 07779 975605